Sunday 14 March 2010

The Great Noah Van Sciver

I first saw this guys work in Mome 14, "The True Tale Of The Denver Spider-Man". I was impressed... the strip had an edge of excitement, or intensity, or something, that marked it out from most of the other work in that issue. I was interested enough to check out his website, and eventually order his recent mini-comix, which arrived VERY quickly along with a sketch and free badge. These comics just confirmed what I hoped would be the case... that I love Noah Van Sciver's comics. They're funny, tortured, desperate, yet honest and full of life.
There's a page from each comic below (scanned and posted with Noah's permission).

From CHAPBOOK





















From I WANT TO BE SPECIAL TO YOU





















From JUDGEMENTS





















Next I have to get those Blammo's...

No comments: